Anthony Martin on 15 May 2015 08:52:02 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Venom

Thanks for the input guys im not to worried about it just wanted to know what some people thought. If this is a problem we have to deal with my boss will probably think of something fairly quickly.

Anthony Martin

Jr Linux System Administrator

(M) 609-410-1168
anthony.j.martin142@gmail.com

On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 11:49 AM, Thomas Delrue <delrue.thomas@gmail.com> wrote:
On 05/15/2015 11:07 AM, Anthony Martin wrote:
> Was wondering what people thought about this and had any suggestions that
> didn't involve having to reboot the hundreds of vms we have.
> https://access.redhat.com/articles/1444903

I stopped caring about 'branded bugs' a while ago... *especially* if
they have a logo
(https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8710/17595272316_46b040b293_m.jpg)

While I don't agree with everything in the following article, the author
does make a couple of good points:
http://techrights.org/2015/05/14/venom-is-not-a-serious-bug-its-just-a-marketing-campaign-from-crowdstrike/
And I do agree with the conclusion: "How much more of this FUD is going
to circulate before journalists realise (sic) that they make a mountain
out of a molehill?"

If you really want to know which bugs to keep an eye on, I recommend
http://www.cvedetails.com/ and other sites like it instead of 'journalists'.
[cynicism off]