jeff on 22 May 2015 17:29:37 -0700

Re: [PLUG] more stuff, including some old 1U servers (Re: networking gear (free to any home))

On 05/22/2015 08:25 PM, JP Vossen wrote:

Darn, hit send too fast.  We've had this conversation before on the
list, but...  I don't have anything with tubes, though I do have a circa
1991 AS/400 with twinax.  But my favorite is my Zenith 181 8088 LCD
monochrome laptop with dual 720k 3.5" floppies, no hard drive, and
300baud modem.  It still worked last time I checked, and has MS DOS 3.31
(IIRC), WordStar and so forth.  Oh, and gwbasic.exe...

I'll have to bring it to a PLUG W or N meeting again one of these days.  :-)

As it turns out, the tube computers boot up faster.