Eric Riese on 8 Jul 2015 10:13:19 -0700
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
- From: Eric Riese <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: [PLUG] ntp
- Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2015 13:12:43 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type; bh=03tY4uJQAXCu2zjRKatxzS2S/ilDVC2hntOCKXF/gtY=; b=m6nCtqQ1BP0Ek8uJQH8l/9dq6V2oxmQ2JCKU3zSxiibk0/fvULeB0IAErF6Vj4EgDt kVObYc4rYawwS7avdRrl6Cl1VEe9v7rpkpQvMAarrbWZLm1a1jrlRQLmwxJaF2k4dAqt X0E5d5QLubT96Xa54pOK42lBxFdxTcgMdqZK9+JnUt1ZwhquWpA9Vtft+5rMM/eO54tF Tcnh/yvEARDTzl8qt8yAgEGanqwavLZSbic8pjPBypcDzWLthnk7DYmL8rRF2TcrCSNo RSNhFU3Wm0z1tg9pcXg7C/MR7kAaClMzX2k4wD/o9d6dSTrLwV8Z7nPYP+Ql9HN1NUzF WHgw==
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: "plug" <email@example.com>
So I just noticed that my KVM server's clocks were way off. The host OS was 4 minutes behind time.gov
and the guests were 4 minutes ahead of time.gov
Turns out the host did not have ntp installed at all. It's Ubuntu 12.04 and was installed as some sort of minimal installation. A sudo apt-get install ntp and five minutes later it's in good shape.
The guests are debian installs from turnkeylinux.org
and they have ntp installed but were not running by default!
To think, Google runs it's own internal NTP servers and had to spread the leap second out over a day, and I'm off by whole minutes!
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug