Casey Bralla on 12 Jul 2015 13:06:07 -0700

[PLUG] Can't See "Sent" eMail

I'm having a weird problem with my mail server.   I've done everything I can
think of, but am stumped.  Hopefully, some one here can offer a good trouble-
shooting approach.

My "sent" mail does not show up in my mail client.   However, the sent mail
file __is__ on the IMAP server.

I run my own postfix/dovecot/amavis/spamassasin server under Debian.  I'm
using the Maildir format.  Everything seems to work fine, except for this one
problem.

I've got KMail setup to save outgoing mail to the IMAP server in the "Sent"
folder.   When I send an eMail, everything seems to work fine without any
errors.   However, KMail does not see the sent mail.   Old sent mails are
there, but not the ones from the last few weeks.

The weird thing is that when I look at the directory on the server, the sent
mail is there, it's just that KMail can't see it.  Likewise, Claws Mail can't
see them either.  Yet, RoundCube, my web mail client, sees them without any
problem.

Restarting all the mail daemons and rebooting the mail server make no
difference.

I suspect a permissions problem, but everything looks fine.  All the sent
files are owned by the eMail account "casey" and the group is also the same
"casey".   The permissions are all the same too (600).  Changing the
permissions to 644 (universal read) didn't seem to help.

Anybody got any ideas?

--

Casey Bralla

Chief Nerd in Residence