Rachel Rawlings on 22 Jul 2015 12:16:41 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Thunderbird 38.1.0 and insecure cyphers (Logjam)

The weakdh site has cipher suite recommendations for a number of mail and web servers at https://weakdh.org/sysadmin.html. This is the first place to compare your suites. The one for Firefox is very long and hard to read, so I trimmed it down to

   SSLCipherSuite TLSv1:+SHA256:+HIGH:!MD5:!eNULL:!aNULL:!LOW:!EXPORT

You may need to pay extra attention to step 3, generating your own Diffie-Hillman group rather than relying on one that's been installed by your package manager. To do this, use opennsl:

   openssl dhparam -out dhparams.pem 2048

Also, confirm that your key is not using SHA1, since this has also been deprecated and is being complained about by both firefox and chromium.