Walt Mankowski on 31 Jul 2015 07:26:45 -0700

Re: [PLUG] xargs guide

The manpage for GNU's grep says fgrep is deprecated:

  In addition, the variant programs egrep, fgrep and rgrep are the
  same as grep -E, grep -F, and grep -r, respectively.  These variants
  are deprecated, but are provided for backward compatibility.

I'm not seeing a noticeable difference in speed using -F in my limited
testing -- searching for "nan" in 75MB of JSON spread over 25 files --
but it seems like a good idea and I'll try to remember to use it in
the future.