Matt Mossholder on 6 Aug 2015 14:34:24 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Setting SFTP restrictions to download only, but only for certain users

On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 3:00 PM, Michael Lazin <microlaser@gmail.com> wrote:
a .ftpaccess like this should work:

<Limit STOR>

        Order Allow, Deny
        Deny All
</Limit STOR>

I tested it on debian and it prevents both ftp and scp uploads.

Isn't .ftpaccess a ProFTPD thing, and not an SSH thing? Googling around for combinations of ssh, scp and .ftpaccess doesn't make me think that OpenSSH will honor .ftpaccess files, nor does the ProFTPD site make me think ProFTPD handles scp or sftp....

     --Matt