Paul DiSciascio on 6 Aug 2015 14:41:23 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Setting SFTP restrictions to download only, but only for certain users

It looks like ProFTPD can provide mod_sftp which implements the ssh
layer and the sftp subsystem.  Using that instead of openssh should
support the options discussed below.

http://www.proftpd.org/docs/contrib/mod_sftp.html

That said, if this is an openssh sftp configuration, I also cannot find
any documentation to indicate that an .ftpaccess file would be honoured.

~Paul