Joe Rosato on 28 Aug 2015 12:47:25 -0700

[PLUG] FQDN vs hostname

This caused a somewhat heated debate at Jefferson today. Turns out that Redhat has one standard and debian another. Ah standards! Can't argue with them, because they are standards.

When you type in 'hostname' - I am used to just getting a single name. But then again, I'm in the Debian camp (Ubuntu). Redhat is happy with a FQDN hostname.

Thought I would throw it out here to see if I can draw blood or make someone go mailman on us! Thoughts?

BTW - I will have info on that job once the man gets back to me for those that asked!

Joe Rosato
--
Joe