Keith C. Perry on 17 Sep 2015 08:40:53 -0700

Re: [PLUG] $50 7" tablet

Hmmm, ok but 2013 is lifetime ago in tech.  I don't even see the HDX on the Cyanogenmod site...

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Devices#vendor="Amazon";

I thought Amazon had some 2014 tabs out?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Owner, DAO Technologies LLC
(O) +1.215.525.4165 x2033
(M) +1.215.432.5167
www.daotechnologies.com

From: "Rich Mingin (PLUG)" <plug@frags.us>
To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2015 11:35:43 AM
Subject: Re: [PLUG] $50 7" tablet

Because the HDX was released in late 2013, and the new stuff is, well, new?

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 11:06 AM, Keith C. Perry <kperry@daotechnologies.com> wrote:
Good point about loss-leader (now I know I talk finance stuff with you too) but the Nexus line fits that category to some degree and if the idea is to attract customers to your products / services then Amazon should stop trying to lock out 3rd party vendors.

I'm not completely opposed to a 9" or an 8" but 7" is ideal.  Why would they have mods for Fire HDX 9" and not say for the new HD 6" or HD 8"?

Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.