gary on 12 Oct 2015 09:25:11 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Video link: "Virtualizing Bare-Metal Systems with QEMU" and meeting bookmarks

=> On Mon, 12 Oct 2015 10:40:56 -0400 (EDT)
=> "Keith C. Perry" <kperry@daotechnologies.com> wrote:
=>
=>
=>> I'm not sure how many people are familiar with how to use "mount
=>> --bind".  It's one of the things I mentioned that was needed for one
=>> the approaches to virtualizing a system (i.e. reinstalling boot
=>> information) but was out of scope for the talk.
=>
=> Hi Keith,
=>
=> If you know of a way to bind mount a Qemu host directory within a Qemu
=> guest, I'd really love to hear it. Right now I'm doing a sshfs to
=> 10.0.2.2, but as you can imagine, it's slow as molassas.
=>
=>
=> SteveT

   I haven't tried it myself, but you might try the virtio approach
described at http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/9p_virtio .

                                    Gary Duzan