Rich Mingin (PLUG) on 26 Oct 2015 05:54:49 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Need All-in-One Recommendation

Postscript, not postfix (but I knew what you meant). I have an HP LaserJet Pro M277dw that I love well. Hplip installed and all done, everything works ( haven't tested fax, no phone line, but scan works and fax tries to). It's also color laser which is cheapest for my infrequent printing. WiFi and cloud printing stuff is growing on me, and duplex is very easy to get used to. I got mine for free (it's a story) but would buy it again.

On Oct 26, 2015 8:48 AM, "Rich Freeman" <r-plug@thefreemanclan.net> wrote:
On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 6:44 AM, LeRoy <ldc@lrcressy.com> wrote:

> About a year ago my Lexmark all in one died.  It would still scan and
> fax but the printer died so I kept it as a scanner and a fax and
> bought an HP Laserjet Pro color printer from Newegg.  Takes up more
> space with 2 boxes but a laserjet printer is a lot cheaper to run than
> an inkjet.

I'd also endorse the multi-box approach - it tends to be cheaper in
the long haul.  I am using a Konica-Minolta 1650EN color laser which
speaks postfix natively.  Getting it to work on any OS is trivial as a
result.  They do have PPD files on their website which give you more
access to the features on the printer, but even those are optional,
and of course they work fine on Linux.

Go figure, standards...

--
Rich