Paul Jungwirth on 28 Oct 2015 09:59:39 -0700

Re: [PLUG] some bash help

On 10/28/2015 09:46 AM, Carl Johnson wrote:
I have a server that I need to use as a transparent jump box to another
network. What I'd like to do is have a "serveradmin" user be able to SSH
into "serverA" and automatically be SSH'ed into another server,
"serverB". If this second ssh session to serverB is killed (i.e. ctrl+c)
or dies for whatever reason I'd like the original ssh session to serverA
to collapse too.

I assume you want serverA to enforce this, so telling the local .ssh/config to use a proxy isn't an option?

What if in serverA's /etc/passwd the login shell for serveradmin *is* the ssh command to go to serverB (or some wrapper script). It seems that a ^C should then kill the whole thing. I wouldn't be surprised if there were still some way to run commands on serverA though.

Paul