Rich Mingin (PLUG) on 9 Nov 2015 17:28:37 -0800

Re: [PLUG] OT: Unlocked Cell Phones

At the risk of sounding like the Project Fi cheerleader, that's actually a big plus of Fi. I can travel worldwide without changing out my SIM card, same price data service as in the US, and calling rates vary but are generally reasonable, and the Nexus 6/5X/6P are all multi-multi-band, so if I'm staying anywhere for more than a week or so, I can get any local carrier's SIM and drop it in.

That's actually a huge plus for the Nexus 6/5X/6P no matter what network you end up on. They support pretty much every radio tech and frequency you'll run into, anywhere, and are carrier-unlocked, bootloader unlocked/unlockable, on every carrier except AT&T (AT&T uses a carrier lock on their branded Nexus handsets, but no one else does).