Josh Zenker on 25 Nov 2015 10:40:27 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Update: Update: Off-topic: Cell Phone Call Quality

On Nov 25, 2015 1:29 PM, "Greg Helledy" <gregsonh@gra-inc.com> wrote:

> 1.  It was my understanding that quality of voice and data service is likely to be lower on plans provided by the resellers/piggybackers than on plans from the four network owners (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile).  The big 4 may have a different marketing name for their prepaid plans, which are of the same quality as their postpaid/flagship plans, but any reseller will involve a quality tradeoff.
>
> Am I wrong on that?
>
> I am very happy with the quality of signal I get from T-Mobile, and the price I pay.  BUT, it works for me because I spend nearly all my time in built-up/metro areas.  Coverage seems to be weak in rural areas (northern Bucks County, the Poconos).

Yeah, T-Mobile is an exceptional value if you mostly stay in the city. Decent coverage, great price, and no middleman.

> 3.  Who's got a favorite calendaring app?  I need to be able to connect via CalDAV to servers I've set up, so something that just works with Google Calendar isn't useful for me.  Right now I have SolCalendar (http://calendar.sol.daum.net/calendar) which is ok.  One thing I cannot get it to do is ignore alerts from one calendar, while providing them with another.  That is, you choose what type of alert notification you want (beep, vibrate, on-screen notification) but the choice is systemwide, not per-calendar.

A former coworker always spoke highly of Business Calendar. I never tried it myself because the Google Calendar app fits my needs. It might be worth checking out.