jeff on 20 Dec 2015 11:07:44 -0800
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
- From: jeff <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- To: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <email@example.com>
- Subject: [PLUG] My biggest fan
- Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 14:07:39 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=comcast.net; s=q20140121; t=1450638460; bh=BbvBO41uQ1mSl9TX+SO3KQImP/b7XqmWkKAcsiKF1Es=; h=Received:Received:To:From:Subject:Message-ID:Date:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=j5ZSS3KEcYiOzOuIeb9ad3L4KxjqdZZMBtRH0DdI++T7eghYLSPcoHNArpiELEGxH x4v26O3eJDyVM/wyTR+Y8fDMbAHylaDqxK3WfFyJYgDvtxUIiQ9YYxsV/zo1vDDsBl LayFFTJHOsfspFTCDcBbD2QnQcJ6/0B4/Rki7rWDLxdVl05GIMairrtdw0SnqXDadM gF2ki9qaiMxDqYefvaJJazOuh79AlAb9MKgGIUayvy0xysA+wKQgJmP7wxgNSkG5B1 4UlHbLEl2OBjI4FqvZgvyt6CXIUSFZ/Zutu828bXNx/afh1tOkUxihtqDTGJVHoXOQ 4IwXoS2IRmTcg==
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: "plug" <email@example.com>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/38.4.0
I had inquired earlier about replacing the fan in my HP laptop and got
good answers - exactly the kind I wanted to hear.
This morning I took the bugger apart and replaced the fan. I hate ribbon
connectors almost as much as I hate M$ Office ribbon. Youtube was very
The good news is that it came apart and back together with no extra or
broken parts. The bad news is that I still got the BIOS message about
foobed fan. This is a no-fix, correct? Some controller IC buried inside
another IC with custom firmware? I had hoped my recent hardware lockups
were just the fan.
The other good news is that I cleaned enough dust out of the intake to
build a dust cat. And the temps have gone WAY down.
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug