Ira Laefsky on 22 Dec 2015 20:29:33 -0800

Re: [PLUG] DUAL Booting With "Modern" UEFI & SDD

To Clay & Others On Why Dual Boot versus VM:

A reason (not the only reason) I wish to dual boot as well as occasionally running Linux in a VM
is that I am doing research on Machine Learning/Deep Learning and the software tools for this are
accelerated on NVIDIA's CUDA architecture, I don't believe I could have transparent access to the
individual GPU computing units on the video card through a virtual machine. In earlier work with
embedded processors the I/O and USB drivers for talking to external hardware are not transparently virtualized by Virtual Box or VMWARE.

Thanks Again Everybody,
--Ira Laefsky