Keith C. Perry on 4 Jan 2016 07:47:07 -0800

Re: [PLUG] password safe

Maybe its me but I really don't get the need to use these things.  Years ago, I created a small "digital safe"- its just a LUKS container.  I keep anything I need to protect in it including security information. I can always move or copy it to another device as needed since it just a file.

So, my recommendation would be to use a LUKS container.  I realize this is more spartan and a bit off topic than the other solutions mentioned but I have other needs in addition to remembering passwords so other people might as well.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Owner, DAO Technologies LLC
(O) +1.215.525.4165 x2033
(M) +1.215.432.5167
www.daotechnologies.com

From: "brainbuz" <brainbuz@brainbuz.org>
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Sent: Sunday, January 3, 2016 11:52:53 PM
Subject: Re: [PLUG] password safe

I use Password Safe (https://pwsafe.org/), even though the Linux port is still unstable, the cross platform password-gorilla  is file compatible with it and is available through apt on Debian/Mint/Ubuntu . The original author of Password Safe is Bruce Schneier. Since I'm mainly on Linux I guess I use Password Gorilla is really the answer.