JP Vossen on 4 Feb 2016 07:18:41 -0800

[PLUG] Link: Dell Firmware Updating under Linux

This sounds great, thanks Mario, et al.:

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/b/techcenter/archive/2016/02/02/dell-firmware-updating-under-linux

---quote---
Dell Firmware Updating under Linux
2 Feb 2016 5:00 PM

(Published on behalf of Mario Limonciello, OS Architect of Dell Client
Solutions Group's Linux Engineering team.)

I’m happy to announce that starting with the Dell Edge Gateway 5000 we
will be introducing support to natively flash UEFI firmware under Linux.
 To achieve this we’re supporting the standards based UEFI capsule
functionality from UEFI version 2.5.  Furthermore, the entire tool chain
used to do this is open source.

[... lots more details]
---end quote---

Later,