K.S. Bhaskar on 4 Feb 2016 14:28:11 -0800
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
[PLUG] Sharing a desktop with Windows Remote Desktop Client
- From: "K.S. Bhaskar" <email@example.com>
- To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [PLUG] Sharing a desktop with Windows Remote Desktop Client
- Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2016 17:28:05 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:sender:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=zJPI3/LUafilo6E1FmAVixaURiJNdZlkTQmDmcRjylg=; b=Mg22QHRqiZCh+6rQCWYUC1offpvMWRnoTKTXuYKy66mASv5yQiaLt1dkz5KNQb11nz I6pxFS2Ia8H4B6Hg9XN0BfuuTR4ld8PqNDo+B7Cjmvomv9P7ki1HwtSnIkyv9avTxpno AOiCg7GshiTL0R0toX/WkniWNcIGSJWN8Lxijq3Z+m2wNoFdv9ZT4Srx7HNW1Bw1I/mz JDZUmagh2ZEYJd09VCMpyec8s9tkmCT9U/bMI9A7RdxDqf7FNk/X+O/DXeSRP+iDRGjw wTBiV1rNnuJFfSycZ6D6UgvwkxFgrLrpNUDwOouWEqDecNBenDdLPufbcZK65iCN+uMC Ckeg==
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <email@example.com>
- Sender: "plug" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I have to do a demo for a potential customer on the other side of the world. They have Windows, and can run a remote desktop connection. I have *buntu 15.10. I am able to run xrdp from a Windows 7 64-bit virtual machine to connect to the Linux machine, and I am able to run xfreerdp on Linux to connect to xrdp on my localhost, but I am not able to start a session on one (preferably my local machine) and have the remote desktop on Windows connect to the same session. If I make the ports the same, the second to connect basically just gets a blank screen.
Any suggestions to achieve this using xrdp or any other mechanism appreciated. I can run pretty much anything I want on Linux, but the other party is constrained to run Windows.
Thanks in advance.
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug