Chris Norton on 4 Feb 2016 14:40:45 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Sharing a desktop with Windows Remote Desktop Client

I'd honestly give a +1 to both Remmina (which offers RDP and VNC support) and to the Chrome Remote Desktop solution. Both of those, plus teamviewer, all work between Windows and Linux without issue.

On Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 5:39 PM, Keith C. Perry <kperry@daotechnologies.com> wrote:
I use a customer wrapped version of ultravnc single click, ultravnc repeater (which runs on linux) and ssvnc to do remote support and demo's for clients.  I just used it a couple of days ago for some remote troubleshooting for some clients in Panama.  Communication is also encrypted if that is important for you.

If you need something right away, you're welcome to use it until you get something else wrapped.  Contact me off-list to proceed.

Also, have you tried out Chrome's remote desktop plugins?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.

From: "K.S. Bhaskar" <bhaskar@bhaskars.com>
To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 4, 2016 5:28:05 PM
Subject: [PLUG] Sharing a desktop with Windows Remote Desktop Client

I have to do a demo for a potential customer on the other side of the world. They have Windows, and can run a remote desktop connection. I have *buntu 15.10. I am able to run xrdp from a Windows 7 64-bit virtual machine to connect to the Linux machine, and I am able to run xfreerdp on Linux to connect to xrdp on my localhost, but I am not able to start a session on one (preferably my local machine) and have the remote desktop on Windows connect to the same session. If I make the ports the same, the second to connect basically just gets a blank screen.

Any suggestions to achieve this using xrdp or any other mechanism appreciated. I can run pretty much anything I want on Linux, but the other party is constrained to run Windows.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
-- Bhaskar