Keith C. Perry on 10 Feb 2016 09:08:56 -0800

[PLUG] PLUG patch (try #2)

(resending since the original message was rejected- the attachment made the email too big)

I've gotten more questions on this so I wanted to write it up.  A couple of months ago, I wanted to create a PLUG patch for a bag so I grabbed a PLUG logo from:

http://www.phillylinux.org/logo.html

and then created the image I've attached to this email.  I forget if images come through or not so here is the link below:

https://mail.daotechnologies.com/home/plug@daotechnologies.com/Briefcase/public/PLUG.png

Its a 900 x 900 300dpi graphic which lends itself well to creating a 3" x 3" patch.  The vendor I use for this type of stuff is http://www.omlpatches.com/ who are now doing PVC patches which are thinner and allow one to use any graphic.  They also allow quantities of 1  :)

http://www.omlpatches.com/2d-pvc-vinyl-patches/

$7.00 USD plus shipping- you can beat that!

These patches are fabricated with the "hook" side of  what is commonly called velco (generically called a "hook & loop" field.  The hook side is the hard side and the loop side is the soft side) but if you can also order a loop side in case you want or need to do a custom stitch job to mount the patch.

I was going order 2 more for myself but I thought would ask in case anyone else wanted one.  I don't mind doing a combined order if its not too many people  :)  You can just pay me when it comes in (contact me directly, no need to burn up list space.  Let me know by Friday morning 2/12 so I can submit the order that afternoon).

If not, I just wanted to share the graphic as it really is public domain work extending from Stephanie Fox's work for PLUG.  I'm sure others might have other ideas on how to promote PLUG with this or other graphics.

Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Owner, DAO Technologies LLC
(O) +1.215.525.4165 x2033
(M) +1.215.432.5167