Louis K on 19 Mar 2016 07:24:59 -0700
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
Re: [PLUG] MythTV Front-end Recommendations
- From: Louis K <email@example.com>
- To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [PLUG] MythTV Front-end Recommendations
- Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2016 10:24:32 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=24MrFIWl4TuL5tOngDGF8II92N0wO+LIUnImzDHkh3c=; b=x0om+bN1iAn7DmUyJTALeoKsZ/NnQLFZ305eZ8GGb1HfffFHEbx9LKSvZ4uWpqcKCa 3saJCbfHMQuV+/cMc6F5JPSyevAEQ/gwgU2iral6hbyNYPSUKhN4iEn+X7zloYWbqArr 1womhZCTDwuCeWcbO/ML939VH2+bUXW0JvkkW3clneLg5Tqdayk58gyoxqwPa0aXaxGk Zj495XtCawD6m49iSXNO1WM7nC0WoFlf2NZdW4Y79nlHnWOAos+UE/MDz6o5mInZST+8 V+ZTfHwWa1bbdRNRRpMLSc04ucLc3OQ27Kqn9rTSQ9TFQITdNOVWvF7PhGpIpJegnVM/ MhVQ==
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <email@example.com>
- Sender: "plug" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
This isn't an ideal solution but is what I ended up doing in a similar scenario. It's not an answer to your question but thought it might help others in the same boat.
A few years back I had a similar issue: I was tired of running high energy machines just when I wanted to watch TV. I ended running plexmediaserver on the back end (same as mythtv backend box) and use a rasberry pi running rasplex for the front end. I had to configure Mythtv to name the recordings in a plex-friendly manner, but that wasn't difficult.
Only works on recorded shows, no live tv. (though this plugin
may solve this).
No way to set recordings via plex, have to use mythweb.
Rasplex works with most remotes, my stream zap (which I was using for lirc before) worked out of the box.
Plex serves other media I have on my server (photos, etc) and works on my phone too (a nice way to watch dvr recordings off site).
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug