Anthony Martin on 13 Apr 2016 04:49:55 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Desktop Support ?

What exactly is the issue your having?

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016, 7:43 AM Rich Freeman <r-plug@thefreemanclan.net> wrote:
On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 6:59 AM, a.f. domino <tax.reporter@gmail.com> wrote:

> I read the FAQ-but when it comes to addressing the issues with the machines
> on my own, I am stuck at the- "where do i begin" phase.  I apologize ahead
> of time to any regular users of this list who consider a request like this
> too "spammy".

Not at all - this sort of thing is perfectly acceptable to bring up on
the lists, or during general Q&Q at meetings, and so on.  Granted,
there are some limits on how much can be done in these settings but
you're always welcome to ask questions like these.

I'll defer to the Ubuntu users as to what the best way for an
individual to seek support is (paid or otherwise).  I'd be surprised
if they didn't answer your questions directly on their
forums/lists/etc though.  Gentoo is a lot less newbie-friendly and
questions about problems are more than welcome on our forums and -user
list - I wouldn't be surprised if Unbuntu has paid employees looking
after their Q&A forums.

You're also welcome to just post a question here.  Not all of us use
Ubuntu so you might get a more generic answer and less of an
Ubuntu-specific one, but we might be able to point you in the right
direction.

--
Rich