Rohit Mehta on 17 Apr 2016 07:54:28 -0700

Re: [PLUG] >32K concurrent processes

Some kernel parameters to research (which may not be right for your application)
https://www.debian-administration.org/article/656/Installing_Oracle11_and_Oracle12_on_Debian_Wheezy_Squeeze
and /etc/security.conf changes http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9361816/maximum-number-of-processes-in-linux

Do these process do a lot of IO?  Is your storage rotational media or SSD?  Can your application run off ramdisk storage?  Have you tried enabling hyperthreading?

Do you have the ability to test application loads non-production system?  If so i'd be interesting in helping you poke around.  It might be an education for me.