Rich Freeman on 18 Apr 2016 13:22:58 -0700

Re: [PLUG] [plug-announce] TONIGHT - Mon, Apr 18, 2016: "UEFI: The Unified Extensible Firmware Interface" by Rich Mingin (7pm at ATS in Malvern) - CHANGE IN TOPIC

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 4:11 PM, Andy Wojnarek
<andy.wojnarek@theatsgroup.com> wrote:
> The presentation has now been changed. The topic is now:
>
> You’re new to GNU/Linux, you've found a favorite distribution or software.
> You've also soaked in some FUD. Unfortunately, you have take some of this as
> canon and regurgitate in an aggressive manner that is dangerous for our
> community. STAHP. NAO. Let us discuss why. New and old, come and clear the
> air on why toxic FUD behaviors are damaging our communities and the external
> viewpoint of those communities. How can we stop this? How can we educate the
> future users against this, reducing the future pile of crap we all have to
> sort through to get to the heart of FOSS and GNU/Linux.

Ok, now I'm suddenly interested.  :)

(Nothing against UEFI - I just saw it already.)

--
Rich