Keith C. Perry on 27 Apr 2016 14:26:44 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Flash drive "No medium found"

I was thinking this would be a job for Alibaba and...

http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/usb-flash-drive-chip.html

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Owner, DAO Technologies LLC
(O) +1.215.525.4165 x2033
(M) +1.215.432.5167
www.daotechnologies.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "JP Vossen" <jp@jpsdomain.org>
To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2016 2:34:58 PM
Subject: Re: [PLUG] Flash drive "No medium found"

Thanks for the thoughts.

I did glance at eBay but I haven't really trusted anything on there in
years.

I doubt it's cracked solder, the chip is tiny and very integrated.  If I
can get it out I'll certainly look and try the heat/solder gun ideas if
appropriate.

I'd love to swap in better guts, the key (ha ha) is that the chip is
small and flat, like I said at bottom, 11 x 23 x 1.5mm so any clues
where to find a chip like that appreciated.  Best pics I could find at
bottom.

Later,
JP