Matt Mossholder on 28 Apr 2016 07:58:30 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Micro Center Flash Drives?

Good to know. I have always steered clear because they seemed too good to be true!

     --Matt

     --Matt

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 10:53 AM, Walt Mankowski <waltman@pobox.com> wrote:
On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 05:29:41AM -0400, PaulNM wrote:
> On 04/27/2016 07:17 PM, Michael Taylor wrote:
> >Hello Fellas
> >
> >So I'm going to go to Micro Center in St. Davids on Sunday and I was
> >wondering how good are their Brand of Flash Drives? (I have a coupon for
> >3 free things of 32GB of Storage Media) :)
> >

> I got the same coupon.
>
> I've been using the MC branded usb drives and microsd cards almost
> exclusively for the last 9/10 years.  I've had a few of the older 2GB usb
> drives (eventually) die on me, but otherwise have been fantastic. This is
> out of some 20+ drives over the years, both for personal and work usage.
>
> I regularly recommend them to others as they're not only a good quality, but
> very inexpensive. Read speed is pretty good as is write, though writing many
> small files can take awhile.

I've also had good luck with MC branded flash drives. They've got
dozens of them in many different sizes right by the registers. They
seem like a pretty good deal to me even without coupons.

Walt