Rich Freeman on 15 May 2016 14:46:47 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Using ZRAM for swap

On Sun, May 15, 2016 at 1:40 PM, Keith C. Perry
<kperry@daotechnologies.com> wrote:
> 2) Has anyone use zram for swap?  If so, how is the experience compared to
> using dedicated swap partitions or swap files.

I have not used it for swap but was using it for a good year or so as
a tmpfs for volatile storage.  I was running recent stable kernels
over that period of time and did not notice any kind of instability
attributable to zram.  I imagine it would be fine for swap - that is
really its main use case.  I'd think that the obvious trade-off is
disk vs CPU, which is a pretty good trade-off for most systems.

--
Rich