Eric Johnson on 6 Jun 2016 10:32:09 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Removing software from Software updater

Boris,

I think you just need to remove the ppa from "Software and Updates", "synaptic", etc. as applicable to your install . Select the "Other Software" tab, then uncheck http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome...

Regards,
Eric

On Mon, 2016-06-06 at 13:08 -0400, john boris wrote:
Before I found out that Chrome would not work with the 32bit version of lubuntu I am using I did an install of Chrome. It caused issues (obviously) so I uninstalled it but now it is still in my software updater and every time I go to update I have to remember to uncheck the Google Chrome line or the update will fail. I then have to go through a bunch of steps to get back to the screen where i can uncheck the box so my software updates will run.

Does anyone know how to remove the google chrome entry from my software updater GUI screen? I have been searcing but haven't found the rosetta stone of words to find a fix.

This is just  a PITA fix as I can get past it.

Thanks in Advance