john boris on 7 Jun 2016 10:20:20 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Wiki software request

Isaac,
Here is the Wiki page for Oauth and Media Wiki: This might be where you have already searched and looked.

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:OAuth
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:OAuth
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/OAuth/For_Developers

On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 12:49 PM, Isaac Bennetch <bennetch@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi folks,

I'm searching for some wiki (or wiki-like) software and really
struggling to find exactly what we're after.

Basically, I'm trying to find something that lets me authenticate with
OAuth (so users can sign in with Facebook, Google, and Github accounts;
also I probably desire OAuth2 rather than OAuth1 but don't really know)
and that lets me interact with it as if it's a git repository. Github's
wiki feature comes really close, but just doesn't seem to be a
full-featured wiki engine.

I miss things from Mediawiki like self-hosting, categories, and being
able to view all recent changes in one place. Mediawiki seems to have a
few plugins for working with git (or rather, git seems to come with a
mediawiki plugin), which I admit I have not yet tested, and I can't find
a way to authenticate through OAuth to Mediawiki at all. I did find some
work for OAuth but it's the wrong direction; using Mediawiki users to
authenticate to other services.

I wonder if anyone here has seen anything along these lines or worked
around these issues. Any suggestions for me?

Thanks,
Isaac

John J. Boris, Sr.