Aaron D. Segall on 19 Jul 2016 18:40:06 -0700

[PLUG] FreeBSD ZFS boot issue

Hello all,

Okay, so not a Linux issue but... I decided I wanted to learn / get some experience with FreeBSD / ZFS by setting up a server running it. I can boot the system without issue as long as ZFS is not enabled in rc.conf. After booting the system I can start the ZFS service without any problems. If I boot the system with ZFS enabled I get a, I think, 2 line error message which repeats too fast for me to read. It looks like it says something like:

vnode_pager_get_read : I/O read error
  default              pages: pid 1 (init)

The lines are on top of each other so I can't really read them. I can't see anything like this error in any of the files under /var/log. Any thought or ideas on how to even begin to diagnosis this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Aaron.