Keith C. Perry on 12 Aug 2016 09:55:59 -0700

Re: [PLUG] BTRFS RAID massively broken

I'm running a 4 x 1Tb XFS LVM RAID5 (until I upgrade to 4 x 4Tb for RAID6) and it runs great.   No need to use mdadm directly anymore especially if you're on a current distro.  I'm doing this on Arch and Lubuntu 16.04 LTS.

---
KP-

On Aug 12, 2016 12:39 PM, Stephen R Guglielmo <srg@guglielmo.us> wrote:
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [PLUG] BTRFS RAID massively broken
Local Time: August 11, 2016 4:33 PM
UTC Time: August 11, 2016 8:33 PM
From: lee@marzke.net
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org

http://sdtimes.com/btrfs-raid-code-needs-rewrite/

Glad i've stayed away from BTRFS,   I'm still on ZFS / FreeNAS for my storage array.

Lee

At home, I've have 4x 2 TB disks in btrfs raid6. For the last week, this has been my mood:
https://imgur.com/wsTFu4i

On a more serious note, I'm gonna have to buy an additional external HDD to transfer the data off. Any suggestions on what I should use to replace it? I run Arch Linux. Is ZFS-on-linux stable? Or should I just use mdadm?

-Steve