john boris on 24 Aug 2016 10:05:25 -0700
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
[PLUG] Installling rpm file on Raspberry Pi
- From: john boris <email@example.com>
- To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [PLUG] Installling rpm file on Raspberry Pi
- Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2016 13:05:18 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=Bf/lQWcOtIUq+7vOWFmfT1w/q1TW6w6q3wzO0IkT+xQ=; b=kkAbP0ayHbKymEkMu9HrYM07OBLeB6/4UDYqy39NDL0HVm2p+uB9RtODpx0mICXwHS +xhqMrCNPGm4SgKzMB137AJ9AZrBOUeJQ+dBqkm5nAuG5KcxOoCXunqjVluSqqa0EDLX 5RPR8KB1tvfNN8or209/hcQkQJ35nfLV6KWROyGMafsvRfOhwYZmD1qp1rzO3c1uGELU dEYkkmZwWiBQ/z7ejuR+2Mey9LjHxOHh4NB5vErufm4qsfiuj/4BHI5jnuc2Chdg4kFX ix/ip8tUZt4ReB3dCaYWhAsARCcxb210novjGpYnvT1oxPPXp1LLauFblGLnf8mzI6ZM Vdjw==
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <email@example.com>
- Sender: "plug" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I had sent an email about getting my Windows Printer to look like a Unix printer but have since decided to setup the Raspberry Pi as a Print server. My question here is the VPN client I need to run (Sonicwall netextender) comes in an rpm file.Now I need to figure out how to install the rpm on the Pi as there is no Package manager bundled and from my searches it keeps saying I need .deb files.
Am I screwed with this or can I install it and I am just going the wrong route?
I am not sure this will work on the Pi as I haven't seen the requirements for the client. It is one of Dell's best kept secrets I guess.
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug