Rich Freeman on 24 Aug 2016 12:59:33 -0700

Re: [PLUG] RAID6 or RAID5+HS?

On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 3:46 PM, Keith C. Perry
<kperry@daotechnologies.com> wrote:

> The main point is that NUMA is about about processors, not cores and there are "server" boards that can make use of real NUMA nodes.  Cool stuff to play around with especially in the context of CPUsets, cgroups and other container or VM tech.

A core IS a processor, it just may or may not share some components
like a memory controller with other cores.  My understanding is that
AMD processors typically operate in unganged mode, with different
cores having direct access to different memory channels.  However, I'm
not sure that Linux takes advantage of this.

--
Rich