Steve Litt on 29 Aug 2016 09:34:57 -0700

Re: [PLUG] BIOS Troubles

On Sun, 28 Aug 2016 23:30:21 -0400
Stephen R Guglielmo <srg@guglielmo.us> wrote:

> I really don't want to RMA it (I don't even know if it's still under
> warranty?) but I've really given it some effort and I've tried all
> the tips given in the documentation provided by Asus to no avail.
> Does anyone have any tips? Maybe throwing it out the window?

Make a bootable CD with the same files as your bootable thumb drive,
and boot from the CD. Either that will get you past this, or it will
give you the needed information that it's probably not about the thumb
drive, it's probably about what's *on* the thumb drive.

SteveT

Steve Litt
August 2016 featured book: Manager's Guide to Technical Troubleshooting
  Brand new, second edition
http://www.troubleshooters.com/mgr