ac on 5 Oct 2016 09:43:26 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Read only USB drive

On Wed, 5 Oct 2016 12:33:40 -0400
john boris <jborissr@gmail.com> wrote:

> If you used an SD card you can render it read only by breaking the
> slide lock off or gluing it (carefully using super glue)
> But a quick search on You Tube will show you how to get past that

I thought about making something like this ten+ years ago, for dvd, but
I guess for USB/etc it is the same principle...
a read only, write once file system with very strong encryption and code
for unlock/write/updates (and of course brute protection, etc - i did
make a poc and published it somewhere, am looking for that now, but I
am surprised that such an animal is not yet out there? surely it has to be?

Andre