Greg Helledy on 12 Oct 2016 09:02:29 -0700

[PLUG] Linux laptop

I don't know all the specs but a Dell Laptop might fit your needs.
Someone already mentioned the XPS 13 Developer Edition which comes with Ubuntu. I think you'll find that things on Dells will tend to "just work" in linux. I was looking for a small laptop and got an Inspiron 11 which has served me well so far and had zero install issues with MX (a Debian variant).

My recommendation, since they all come with Windows and backing up the restore partition doesn't work is this:
*buy the cheapest drive option you can get with the laptop
*buy the SSD you really want
*first thing when you get the laptop is take out the drive it came with and put it away for safekeeping, install linux on your SSD
*if you have a hardware issue while under warranty, swap them back

--
Greg Helledy
GRA, Incorporated