Greg Helledy on 17 Oct 2016 12:26:26 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Linux Laptop

I am hoping that somewhere there will continue to be laptops made that allow secure boot to be turned off. It would be an opportunity for a no-name manufacturer to capture a significant (for them) amount of sales, by being the only brand you can still install linux on. Even if that means they can't buy OEM Windows licenses or sell their machines as "certified for Windows X".

Or is secure boot so controlled by the handful of BIOS manufacturers that even a small PC maker won't be able to circumvent it? I'm obviously ignorant of the PC manufacturing market.

When it becomes impossible to turn off secure boot on hardware,
--
Greg Helledy
GRA, Incorporated