Paul Walker on 21 Oct 2016 09:39:59 -0700
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
[PLUG] Ubuntu Power Issues
- From: Paul Walker <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <email@example.com>
- Subject: [PLUG] Ubuntu Power Issues
- Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2016 12:39:51 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:sender:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=ZiKn50WzxVUIeWf8TPQRYiKkc2LT/YSYyPEEe+icJlk=; b=O7P794cv4fnNSmI59syoVsWOKv/fUx+mRBHIFc/Xxfs4tMZgN6OfThtprdwmW4YofU RWfxG/KNJbAaK3ffqLFmUVu0zkDP+0IV9yBPScCiH2i0n+oD2Wv5fEYmCKJuTBlI5Gle dbMkKhKGJajDNSNWalZVBM9Mim/fFeVzn8syma4XnyA85As4UR91UVXyj3zVgVcshnnv 7e7KRSJc7PBLTMJXL+0Vi3ZbB2p8OpjPPp9ceuvkQ1Rx/EstUhCRlzyq2zEJrH3mil0/ coFS8eEXD/kWJMJS8dkrm1qn7BzKyIEqNWSjjk0IZw0Q8F3IraQIQP07d+gX0YTP8GO6 mAPw==
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: "plug" <email@example.com>
I've heard "Power Issues" referred to obliquely in a number of threads.
Just got Ubuntu 16.04 working on an HP Spectre Machine.... everything works pretty well... (let's be honest - I love it)
Some of the SHD config is wacky but that's fine.
One thing that is weird is that the computer doesn't seem to sleep when it is closed...
If I leave it unplugged at night I wake up and the battery is dead.
When I take it out of my backpack it is hot.
When it's closed, it still moves the touch screen around (maybe this is the problem? It can't sleep because the touch screen keeps waking it up / won't let it sleep)
Thoughts / feelings / heuristics / known solutions all appreciated.
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug