Paul Walker on 21 Oct 2016 09:39:59 -0700

[PLUG] Ubuntu Power Issues

I've heard "Power Issues" referred to obliquely in a number of threads.

Just got Ubuntu 16.04 working on an HP Spectre Machine.... everything works pretty well... (let's be honest - I love it)
Some of the SHD config is wacky but that's fine.

One thing that is weird is that the computer doesn't seem to sleep when it is closed...

If I leave it unplugged at night I wake up and the battery is dead.

When I take it out of my backpack it is hot.

When it's closed, it still moves the touch screen around (maybe this is the problem? It can't sleep because the touch screen keeps waking it up / won't let it sleep)

Thoughts / feelings / heuristics / known solutions all appreciated.