ac on 20 Oct 2016 08:55:58 -0700

Re: [PLUG] WAS: spamassassin help: create a rule to score by sender TLD Now: Email support

On Thu, 20 Oct 2016 11:40:58 -0400
Greg Helledy <gregsonh@gra-inc.com> wrote:
> > do this:
> > host 23.91.125.37
> > answer: grainc.arvixevps.com
> > now, do this:
> > host grainc.arvixevps.com
> > answer: 192.169.58.126
> > that is the first part of your problem
> This is the first time anyone's mentioned anything in the years we've
> been using this server, but I have forwarded this on to Arvixe, as
> it's something they'll have to deal with.  I don't control the DNS
> for that domain.
> If I understand correctly, once that's changed, the reverse DNS for
> our IP will be gra-inc.com.

you can set it to anything you like, why don't you make a mail. sub
domain and set your 23 reverse to mail. as well?

one of the many valid reasons why the majority of email
servers check reverse to match forward is that for spammers switching
plastic domains it is a lot more effort...

> What's surprising to me is that if you go to http://23.91.125.37, you
> don't get what you get at http://grainc.arvixevps.com (an error
> page), but rather what you get at http://gra-inc.com

have not looked, but maybe there is http forwarding based on the
request? maybe the :80 has a different site... maybe many reasons :)

you have not said anything about your bounce messages, if you were not
doing that, we may not be having this discussion...

Andre