Greg Helledy on 21 Oct 2016 13:07:42 -0700

Re: [PLUG] spamassassin help: create a rule to score by sender TLD

Rich,
Thank you for your latest post. As you know I started this thread because I wanted help filtering out the spam that floods from these new TLDs by creating a Spamassassin rule which would increase the score assigned to mails coming from these domains.

Since I haven't yet figured out how to do that, for the time being I'm going to blacklist them, since I know how to do that.

I'll check logs again before I do, but based on my last analysis, it looks like domains in these TLDs will be banned:

.top
.stream
.club
.gdn
.bid
.faith
.co
.download

I will verify that appropriate error messages are returned to SMTP connections from these domains.

My users will be happy that I'm doing something about their spam-filled inboxes. So, on their behalf as well as mine, thanks again.

--
Greg Helledy
GRA, Incorporated