Rich Kulawiec on 22 Oct 2016 09:02:55 -0700

Re: [PLUG] spamassassin help: create a rule to score by sender TLD

On Sat, Oct 22, 2016 at 11:43:52AM -0400, Christopher Barry wrote:
> Which is exactly why you should keep email simply email. e.g. NOT HTML,
> NOT Word Documents, NOT Javascript or any script enabled. [snip]

This is superb advice.  I'll piggyback on it by highly recommending
mutt as a terrific email client that is probably about as impervious
to attack as a mail client can be.  (And along with it, w3m, which is
a web browser that runs in a terminal window.)  System and network
administrators who work in the Unix/Linux world are well-served by
learning and using these tools, doubly so because it's become a "best
practice" in the abuse/attack world to target admins.  We have to defend
ourselves, otherwise we can't defend the stuff we run.

---rsk