JP Vossen on 23 Oct 2016 13:45:25 -0700

[PLUG] OT: sugar in soda (PLUG N dinner)

Last week at dinner after PLUG N some of us were talking about the difference between real sugar and high-fructose corn syrup and the challenge of finding the former in soda in the US. It just occurred to me to mention that the way I solved that problem was with a SodaStream. Many of of syrup mixes for that have actual sugar and not HFCS. The mixes may not taste exactly the same as the name brand, but I personally don't care. I'm more used to "Dr. Pete" than real "Dr. Pepper" at this point anyway.

Full disclosure: we own a SodaStream and while it doesn't really work out to be much (if any) cheaper, there are many fewer plastic bottles and the mixes I get have no HFCS. That's it...

Later,
JP