ac on 23 Oct 2016 13:52:19 -0700

Re: [PLUG] OT: sugar in soda (PLUG N dinner)

On Sun, 23 Oct 2016 16:45:20 -0400
JP Vossen <jp@jpsdomain.org> wrote:
> Last week at dinner after PLUG N some of us were talking about the
> difference between real sugar and high-fructose corn syrup and the
> challenge of finding the former in soda in the US.  It just occurred
> to me to mention that the way I solved that problem was with a
> SodaStream. Many of of syrup mixes for that have actual sugar and not
> HFCS.  The mixes may not taste exactly the same as the name brand,
> but I personally don't care.  I'm more used to "Dr. Pete" than real
> "Dr. Pepper" at this point anyway.
> Full disclosure: we own a SodaStream  and while it doesn't really
> work out to be much (if any) cheaper, there are many fewer plastic
> bottles and the mixes I get have no HFCS.  That's it...

instead of asking google, what is HFCS and what about drinking sugar
free soda like Coke Zero? (is the gas not also bad for you? - eating
your stomach lining or somesuch?)
And is actual sugar healthy? - I thought it is all about the calories
and not supersize at Burger King, etc?

and now you have me thinking about how dr pete tastes *sigh* (as I have
no clue...)

Andre