Rich Freeman on 24 Oct 2016 12:55:40 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Postscreen (another tool for helping to minimize the effect of spam)

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 2:47 PM, Keith C. Perry
<kperry@daotechnologies.com> wrote:
> For what its worth, Zimbra 8.7 has built in Postscreen functionality (since
> it is part of Postfix) and they have nice write up on it at:
>
> https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Zimbra_Collaboration_Postscreen
>
> The main, Postfix man page is here:
>
> http://www.postfix.org/postscreen.8.html

Interesting.  I'm currently running postfix and postgrey.  How much of
a drop-in is postscreen, or do you really need to tweak the config to
have it work "correctly?"  Does it offer many benefits compared to
postgrey?  Postgrey also does the whitelisting but the test consists
simply of dropping every connection with a temporary failure and
seeing if the host bothers to try again later.

It looks like you want it to only filter inbound mail from the
internet.  That isn't a big deal since that all comes in through a
gateway anyway, so I can just have it go to a dedicated postscreen
port.

--
Rich