ac on 24 Oct 2016 13:12:01 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Postscreen (another tool for helping to minimize the effect of spam)

On Mon, 24 Oct 2016 16:06:25 -0400 (EDT)
"Keith C. Perry" <kperry@daotechnologies.com> wrote:
> First I've heard of postscreen (and now postgrey- thanks) so I'll
> have to see how it goes in the wild.

I use it, yes it is cool but it is somewhat less effective these days as
bots also deal with delays now. It has a higher overhead but is still
very effective in smaller email clusters, like an other expert said,
it depends on your environment, how many physical mail servers you
have, where they are, etc etc. - in larger clusters, not so much, there
are lower overhead ways, like basic checks (no dns, etc) larger
clusters you still need to build to fit a suitable greylisting design
as each requirement is always different and any overhead/delays/etc is
not that good/acceptable

1c

Andre