Rich Mingin (PLUG) on 1 Nov 2016 13:13:59 -0700
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
[PLUG] Packt downloading script update
- From: "Rich Mingin (PLUG)" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <email@example.com>
- Subject: [PLUG] Packt downloading script update
- Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2016 16:13:48 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=frags-us.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623; h=mime-version:sender:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=M2B5TVBfK9l+GmY6+/cNq8hYjt5uP2hlVf3wwBPoYAQ=; b=LBH+1eOHABe0q3tmP6FUyQh0j19Gfky8giNp5q5shgyQfBYrHtTcJPQKjLfaHJRNQ4 cdz4gig0AXNLu53fy/Ewwbg7h+V/kb5i7AFa26vhwa6Sj2yEXNVTltTl7hf/POgTEP+4 dwfT7ISOIrE/BqFz2YRrd/jmdBQujmupQeYSwVCkSFSly+F2sEmRS5e8x6cbSYMfnzr6 XIfyObTj2SZkAUSVmfJ8b96sYVmSOvivbUEFacWPF/0KBU61vK3EtC4OHU1LO4q6vfC5 3NTtuzZnDE6czA4/ozRRVgnuqnRHo2ocpWuibwwkgjQ9ojsz/+fS+hyCQjWWUTSKiV+A ygTw==
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: "plug" <email@example.com>
If you're also grabbing Packt Publishing's daily free ebook, and you don't have an automated setup, or if you're interested in starting to do so, I've found a better script. It's Python (either 2 or 3 works), config was very simple, it supports grabbing any or all formats and the code samples as well. You can also download all books you've previously grabbed, which was a big win for me.
I'm running it on my Linode via cron and it's nice and reliable.
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug