Eric Riese on 17 Nov 2016 12:39:53 -0800
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
[PLUG] usb notification light
- From: Eric Riese <email@example.com>
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: [PLUG] usb notification light
- Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 20:39:36 +0000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=4yNhvQptAwNwSyYeQMmoSuAMd3QVDRlViJm0sHbMASI=; b=yTiG8Jcn66kssDTKQqqtI8ZJG+/0mtxIBSS+STax0LMDKrwbl3k1RIiw8euUNK/erA /evk7NiR3W0PqWBLSaUhiNTuCgJTTNGYUz/tE49o1OxbgD9O10WUNwNRZZFwbiqiM64t FUCCaxJ6iDG/f6YRS5rfTVpWzmPtajUR08DrsO+opJbOZSCdLAtQEGj9ASKW41eySgPL i5cApPwYd50M+GkjJjuEFb0cm5O5QpeLSKdpr76vW6xPanwV+borT37Quy6ycIIlSaxW TQm/KJkLw/QZqXXsGff8w2xgv31nofTmbiUzs7utHQUCghthMROXvWHgpJJAGdKNkoVM uikQ==
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <email@example.com>
- Sender: "plug" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I was looking at the ThingM blink(1) which is a simple USB notification LED. I appreciate that it has some features and there's even integration with IFTTT for instance, but $30 seems a little steep for such simple hardware. Does anyone know of a cheaper alternative? I'm not interested in breaking out the soldering iron.
I have a monitor with USB ports on the side, but I use it in portrait orientation, which would put the light on the top, which is nice, but I don't think I'd be able to use a dumb LED and turn it off by cutting off power to the port.
I love the "About the product" section on Amazon for it:
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug