Ed Ackerman on 27 Nov 2016 18:02:59 -0800

[PLUG] IPTABLES CentOS 6.8

Ok, so I did what turned out to be an ill conceved idea. I downloaded and created a bootable USB with CentOS 7 (the x86 NOT x64 spin). Booted it and it ran fine. Trouble started when I rebooted into my normal 6.8. My home LVM volume was missing. Fixed that mostly a few problems Hercules TK4- won't IPL, Some movies have to be re ripped. Minor issues.

I now have all volumes up and free from errors. IPTABLES, using the same rules is giving me an error on the COMMIT. Adding the following causes the error

-A INPUT -m state -i eth0 --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT

Error:

iptables: Applying firewall rules: iptables-restore: line 42 failed

Line 42 is the COMMIT.

I i try the following by itself

iptables -A INPUT -m state -i eth0 --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT

I get:   iptables: No chain/target/match by that nam

The basic idea for the firewall is to deny everything except what is permited, There are no OUTPUT rules it's default is to ACCEPT. The machine is a fixed private IP setup on the router as DMZ. everything is passed to it.

Ideas? anyone?

---
#include <std.disclaimer>;	| select * from users
Ed Ackerman			|    where users.clue = 1;
edack@kengel.com		| 0 rows returned